Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rooftop (Under the star Canopy)


Rooftop


When I was a child
I would lie in bed
Watching the sky-ceiling,

Knowing
There were a hundred worlds
Up there where we all come from.

And I would silently speak,
Saying, "I know You are busy with
Wars and presidents, famines and kings-

But if you could come and get me
And take me to my people.
I would be very appreciative..."

I knew by the way the stars
Circled and swirled
That I was heard.

And one day, family would appear.
Like a ring-
Like a window Into love.

And I would be sitting
On the inside, looking out,
Instead of how I am now-

Under the star-canopy
Waiting for the roofline to appear.



Tracey Schmidt
from I Have Fallen in Love with the World



Tracey Schmidt Photography
www.traceyschmidt.com

No comments: