Monday, December 3, 2012

Brook and Sparrow

Brook And Sparrow

I come to work the earth, my heart
To shape this precious stillness
And exchange my sad stories
For the fragrant humus, my soul's healing
I come to bear witness to time's
Slow downward pull
It slips by, scudding like a low cloud
Across the mountain's spine
I come to hear the ancestor's buried song
To tune the heart's ear
To music of brook and sparrow
And sap's slow descent beneath the bark

I come as well to see...
Not with human eyes
But eyes that pierce this veil 
To see the shimmering thread
Connecting me to cloud and brook and sparrow
Until the "me" becomes luminous space
Where once I was
Then, stretching invisible body
Along warm curving sunlight, and
Aching like a lover...
Yield to Your awakening touch.

WPS
Hawkscry
12/3/12


No comments: