Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Springtime 2010 at Hawkscry

The last few weeks have been glorious; plenty of rain and mild temperatures have made working on the cabin and in the garden a pure delight. I have brought the cabin project very close to completion. The bathroom needs tile, then try to figure out the on demand hot water system. I will need to tweek it a bit to get the required head of pressure to trip the electronic switch and I do hope I can get 30 pounds pressure at the head. We will see. I should bring my pressure guage out and see what there is for pressure under various conditions (direct take-off from the upper reservoir (1000 feet away up the draw with probably 30 feet of fall) will be the most pressure, but that reservoir is un-relaiable. Pressure from the lower 1500 gallon tank is probably not sufficient; not enough drop. I try various ways to increase pressure, but I hope I do not have to lay new and bigger diameter pipe.

No comments: