Monday, May 31, 2010

Love Beams


Keep Your Face Towards Me (Stanhope May 31, 2010)
Dedicated to Meher Baba


Turn and face the God Man’s pure love
Keep your heart and eyes on me
Then the endless shadows of Maya
Robbed of power quickly flee
By yourself you have no power
O’re these shadows long and fierce
Only when you turn and face me
Will your heart my love beam pierce



Many seek in vain to find me
Trapped inside this worldly dream
Keep your face turned always towards me
Set me free with your love beam
God can not be found in dark caves
Nor above in heavenly realms
Once your heart is pure and love filled
Sweet grace flowing overwhelms

When you leave this craving darkness
Love will show the way to go
Then my overwhelming brightness
Lifts the veil my love you’ll know
There I wait eternal greeting
Always ready for this vow
Let us then in love united
Be as one eternal now


If you turn your back in blindness
Taking not this wine from me
Shadows long before you linger
Only love can set you free
Take from me this cup of fullness
Lock yourself in my wine shop
Let the sweetness of this vintage

Take you to the mountain top

No comments: