Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Rest Your Heart (Blue Cliff Monastery)



This type of artwork is the grandparent to the earliest movies, made and "cranked" by hand. Thank you to Tina Swift for making this happen and to Sarah Martin for the phenomenal song. Happy New Year, Everyone!
Lyrics:

REST YOUR HEART – by Sarah Martin

In a time with no beginning, swimming through the cosmic sea,

one day the darkness grew so lonely, she said, “My heart feels so heavy.”

And her sister, the light, was listening. She said, “My dear, come lean on me,

for we are the heartbeat of the cosmos, and together we are free.

[CHORUS:] “So come and lean on me. Rest your heart with me.

We are not one without the other. Don't be afraid to lean on me.”


There is a tree deep in the forest. She has a heart like you and me.

One day she felt the greatest sadness. She said, “My heart feels so heavy.”

And deep below her, the bedrock was listening, and she said, “Please lean down on me,

for I am resting on the cosmos, that's why my heart is so strong and free.” [CHORUS]


One night, a deer came wandering into the forest dark and deep.

She had traveled weary miles, and her heart cried out for sleep.

Then a voice came out of the silence. It said, “My dear, come lean on me,

for I am resting on the bedrock, that's why my heartwood is strong and free.” [CHORUS]


A mother came into the forest carrying her baby, fast asleep.

The night was cold and she was weary, and her heart began to weep.

And then she heard a whisper in the darkness, so gentle and so sweet.

It said, “Dear Mother, come lean against me, and we can share each other's heat.

For this old tree is strong and steady, and I'm as cozy as we can be.

We are not one without the other. Don't be afraid to lean on me.” [CHORUS]


The little baby, his eyes came open, there in the darkness, there in the wild.

He could feel the warmth around him, he could feel his mother's smile.

And he said to all the beings in the cosmos, “Well, you can come and lean on me,

for I am leaning on my mother who is resting with the deer against this tree.

And we are all leaning on the bedrock on the cosmos, a mystery.

We are all leaning on each other. Don't be afraid to lean on me.” [CHORUS (2x)]

We are not one without the other. Don't be afraid to lean on me.
ALL COMMENTS (4)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi and thank you for sharing this wonderful song and the lyrics to it. I'm building a website where i'm collecting materials for love, compassion, joy and equanimity and was wondering if it would be ok for me to borrow the lyrics? Kind Regards, Tord

WPS said...

The lyrics are by Sarah Martin I believe. They were included with he video clip on YOU-TUBE so please use them and maybe embed the video as well.