Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude For All Of It


It is easy to feel gratitude for the so-called good things that come to us. But the real path is to see how we can cultivate gratitude for all of it. This is the path of liberation and the beginning of the end of suffering. Rumi said this much better than me. This poem means a lot to me. First it was sent to me by a dear friend. It is good to know that people value my friendship. Secondly, I shared it with my dear friends as well. And now I hope it will make a positive difference in your life. Happy Gratitude Day!

I said: What about my eyes?
God said: Keep them on the road.
I said: What about my passion?
God said: Keep it burning.
I said: What about my heart?

God said: Tell me what you hold inside it.
I said: Pain and sorrow...
He said: ..Stay with it...
The wound is the place where the Light enters you.

~ Rumi

No comments: