Friday, January 27, 2012

Good Dog Bad Dog


Walking the dogs

The sun is shining

and it is so nice

I decide to go sit on a dock

on the Kenilworth lake

behind that house on the corner for sale

The best dock on the lake

So there I am

just grooving on everything

and stuff...

Lucy comes up

and takes a look at the water in the lake...

I am thinking..

oh

she doesn't know what that is

She will just...

look...

no....

she backs up

takes a

flying leap

into the water

5 feet out

from dock

so...

well ...

she can't swim that good

you know

I jump in fully clothed

phone in pocket

(now toast)

swim out to

dog (BAD DOG)

grab her

and

throw her onto dock

clamber out myself

DRENCHED

and walk home

freezing

with one wet dog (BAD DOG)

one dry dog (GOOD DOG)

everyone stares

what happened?

they ask

Don't ask

I say

No comments: